Monday, March 5, 2012

A healthy shopping trip

I did our weekly meal planning last Friday because I needed to go shopping. Planning our meals ahead helps me in so many different kind of ways! If you don't do it. Try it. It's worth it.

Healthy shopping trips are fun. Seriously! And when I got home I took a picture so I can share what we got in our pantry/fridge right now. :-)


I don't like warm spinach too much. But I use the Spinach for Green Smoothies! They are sooo delicious! I love Peanut Butter and the Crunchy all natural one is perfect to eat it without the bad sugar and fats. I bought the apple sauce (natural sweetened) for some baking and we already ate all of the Strawberries with Stevia. Yummy!!

I bought tons of frozen fruits! We love to make Smoothies or mix them with Greek Yogurt and Agave. Pistachios are a great snack and I bought the Bear Naked Granola. It's all natural and without High Fructose Corn Syrup. We still have fish so all I needed to buy was meat. I just buy chicken or ground turkey. And I make sure they are raised cage free and get fed properly without antibiotics.

We already used the Asparagus and Cauliflower. Tonight we need the Beans and the Avocado! Can you say.....Burgers??!! Stay tuned. :-)

And I usually take a quick trip to Whole Foods as well. I love the bulk item area. This time I bought Lentils, Quinoa, brown Flax seeds and Millet. I also got Spelt Flour for some baking and unsweetened Coconut. Talking about Coconut, the Zico water was on sale so I got the Mango and Pomegranate&Berry flavored ones. Delicious! 3 Luna Bars went into my cart too. They were on sale and Vanilla Almond, Caramel Nut Brownie and S'mores just sounded too goo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...