Sunday, March 18, 2012

Grilled Avocado and more

I hope everybody had a great weekend! We had amazing weather on Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately it didn't last over the weekend, so we didn't go for a hike or in the Zoo. But that's okay, we had to take care of a few things (like renewing our Costco membership, taking advantage of a great diaper deal, .....) and overall just enjoyed a relaxed weekend.

On Saturday the hubby and me did our workout together (he started P90X on Monday - so exciting!) and it was fun doing Kenpo X together with him. Time flew by really quick. And after that we had a Smoothie with the new Chocolate Protein Powder he bought the day before. Yum! 

Today we did some more shopping and in the store I decided to grab a Larabar for the way home, because I was hungry and I planned on working out after the little one was done for a nap. The Larabar "Coconut Cream Pie" was extremely delicious. Even the hubby liked it and I hoped that he didn't want to have a 2nd bite. (hahaha)


It was the stretching routine today and while I was in the "Frog" position, our dog decided to join me. He came up all the way to my face and gave me a few kisses, little silly dog. :-)


I totally forgot to drink a green smoothie yesterday. But I thought it counts as a whole "St. Patrick's Day" weekend. So I threw all the ingredients for a Green Smoothie in my Vitamix......

It includes:

3/4 cup Vanilla Coconut Milk
1 frozen Banana (I just love frozen fruits)
3/4 cup Pineapple (fresh or frozen)
1 cup Spinach (I always freeze those bags of Spinach - works great for me)
6 oz fat free Greek yogurt
1 tbsp unsweetened coconut
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 1/4 ice cubes (not shown in the picture)

If you use frozen Pineapple instead of a fresh one, use less ice unless you like a really thick smoothie :-)


.....and blended it up really good. THIS IS SO DELICIOUS!!! Even if you're not a spinach fan. Try it! I could drink that one every day.



Even though the weather wasn't as good as we hoped, we still started our BBQ season today.


We made "Grilled Avocado" for the very first time. And this one totally makes it on our "Healthy side dish" list for a BBQ.

You need:

1 Avocado
Lime juice
Olive Oil
Sea Salt (optional)
Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream if you prefer)

Cut the Avocado in half, remove the seed, mix up the lime juice with the olive oil and brush it over the Avocado and place it, flesh side down, on the grill for about 4 to 5 minutes.

Put a scoop of Greek Yogurt in the middle, sprinkle a little bit of Sea Salt on it and dig in. Pure Yumminess!!!! Trust me.


After the avocado I had a piece of chicken, stuffed mushrooms and a Cucumber-Tomato-Feta Salad.


And my little one couldn't get enough of the corn and she wanted to eat it all by herself. :-)


1 comment:

  1. We had nice weather on Friday and Saturday, but it was raining all day Sunday.. :(
    Glad you had a nice weekend!

    I havent tried that Larabar flavor before but it sounds soo good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...