Saturday, March 10, 2012

Healthy food choices for on the go

Good morning!

I just finished my breakfast, after I left the house at 7 to go for a little run. It wasn't a long one, almost a half an hour, but it was so super cold this morning.

Yesterday my husband my kid were off school. So we decided to go and spend time together. I knew that we planned on being gone the whole day so I got up at 05:30 to get my workout for the day done.


I did my P90X Legs & Back and the Ab Ripper X workout. I was done a little bit after 7. And I couldn't wait to get something in my stomach. I made myself a smoothie loaded with Protein (Almond Milk, Greek Yogurt, Protein Powder), fruits, a little bit of shredded unsweetened coconut and Vanilla Almond Butter. 

While I drank that and my cup of coffee I prepared our cooler lunch bag for the day. We didn't want to spend money on unhealthy fast food during the day. So we took a protein bar for everyone (My husband likes the Cliff one and I still had one Luna Bar in the house, unfortunately I didn't have any Larabars left. I need to stock up, because they are so freaking good! ). Some Pistachios to snack on and I made a fresh fruit salad and hummus for the Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (they are made out of 3 ! ingredients).


We dropped the dogs off at a kennel so that they wouldn't be alone all day long. First we went shopping at a Outlet Mall. We bought a few things for the kids and a pair of pants for me. 



I HAD to take a picture of the pants, or lets say the tag. :-) I bought a pants size 12 last week, so I don't know why I did fit in a size 10. Maybe Levis is a little bit different. But I don't care....hahaha.....I was and still am really excited about it. Especially when you think about that the last pair of Levis jeans I bought last summer were a size 16!


After the mall we went to IKEA. I wanted to buy a few jars and cushions for our chairs. And before we headed towards the museum we had our lunch in the car. It was really good and filled us up without feeling guilty.

We decided to go to the Nature & Science museum because we didn't have to pay the admission. Who says no to that? :-)

 

On our way home we wanted to eat out in a restaurant, but everybody was so tired that we really didn't feel like sitting in a restaurant. It's no fun for us with grouchy and tired kids. So we placed an online order to pick up dinner at On the Border. I looked up calorie information for the meals (even though I don't count them) and I chose to go with the Chipolte Chicken Salad with the Mango Citrus Vinaigrette, because the whole salad just has 290 calories. But I was so tried when we got home and didn't even finish my plate. I made myself a bowl of greek yogurt, with blueberries and Agave Sirup and went to bed early to get some rest.

Right now we're thinking about what to do today. Going for a hike sounds great to us.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...