Sunday, March 11, 2012

Stupid scale and a great hike

I don't like my scale right now. I haven't lost any weight last week and today I even "gained" some. That is so frustrating. Especially since I went running yesterday morning, we did go a great hike and I did my Kenpo X (Cardio boxing) workout. But I can't and won't go on a run anymore until I have new shoes. Mine are old so I need to go and buy a new pair.

Today I am trying to drink more, don't eat my greek yogurt after dinner and all I am going to do today is my Stretch workout. And of course trying to don't be frustrated anymore. :-)

And I am so glad that we went for a hike yesterday. I woke up this morning to a cloudy sky and no sunshine. We wanted to go to the Zoo today, but maybe we're going to stay home and do stuff around the house.

Yesterday was amazing though. So far one of the best hikes we've been on since we live here.





The dogs needed a water break as well. :-) 
 



And silly Duke had to go under the bridge. 
 

After the hike I worked out and drank a protein smoothie (of course). And for dinner we had
Walnut crusted Salmon and a Quinoa salad

You need a large salmon filet
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
a little bit of honey 

Preheat your oven to 375. Brush the salmon with the honey, sprinkle it with the chopped walnuts and place in the oven until cooked.  Quick, simple and so good!
 

It's the first time that we made Quinoa and we really liked it. We added Black Beans, Red Bell Pepper and Celery. The vinaigrette was made out of olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, pepper, salt, basil, oregano and garlic. And my husband added some mediterranean spice too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...