Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Curried Chicken Salad

Before I post today's dinner tomorrow, I thought I share the one we had last night! This curried chicken salad is so freaking delicious. Everyone in this house loves it. We already had it last week, but I was craving it, because we had such high temperatures. You have to do some chopping, but it's honestly not that time consuming. And most of the time you may have all of the ingredients already in your fridge, freezer or pantry.

You need:
Serving size: About 9 Wraps

3 chicken breasts
1 1/2 apples
3 stalks of celery
3 carrots 
1/4 cup roasted Walnuts

3/4 cup Mayo (I like to use real Mayo. And not Miracle Whip with High Fructose Corn Syrup...)
3/4 tsp Hot Curry Powder
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper

(If you use usual Curry Powder (not the hot one) you can use 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper)

Cook or grill the chicken breast. While that is going on, cut the carrots in cubs and put them in a hot pan to soften them a little bit. Chop up the celery in really small pieces (I like to use my chopper, because in that way my kids don't taste the celery too much and eat it!). Chop up the apples and after you toasted the Walnuts in a hot pan you can cut them into little pieces as well. At last cut up the chicken breast after it's cooked.....


.....and put all the ingredients in a bowl. Ad the mayo, the seasonings and add salt and pepper to your taste.


My kids like to eat this Chicken Salad served in a Whole Wheat Tortilla. Me and my husband eat it wrapped in a Romain Lettuce. And believe when I tell you, it tastes AMAZING!!!! Seriously, give the lettuce a try. This is a perfect and delicious way to eat a dinner without carbohydrates.

And I packed my daughter the leftovers and a Tortilla Wrap for lunch. Perfect! I file it under Dinner, because I usually never cook lunch. But it would make a great lunch as well.



A thank you to theartofdoingstuff for inspiring me with this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...