Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grapefruit and Chia Seed Smoothie

Hey there!

We had AWESOME weather today. I wanted to go for a run, but I knew that I wouldn't have any time today. But it is on my list for tomorrow!

Today I did the P90X Plyometrics workout. And I sweated A LOT. I hated this workout in the beginning. I really did. Now it's a a Love-hate relationship...hahaha....Right after the workout I drank my Zico coconut water with Pineapple flavor. It's so delicious and it makes me feel better so much better afterwards.


A little bit later it was time for my Protein Smoothie. I already made one like this yesterday. I know how good it is for you to eat Grapefruit. But I honestly don't like it all the time to just eat with a spoon. So I found a great and delicious way to incorporate this amazing fruit in my diet.

SMOOTHIE!!!!


You need:

1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tbsp Chia Seeds (soaked for 15 minutes in 1/4 cup of water)
1/2 Grapefruit
1/2 frozen Banana
3/4 cup frozen Peaches
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Agave
Handful Ice Cubes

It depends on you how sweet you like your smoothie and how much Agave you want to use. You could also start with just a 1/4 Grapefruit to get used to the taste. This recipe fills up 3 glasses. If you want to make less you can use less peaches, ice cubes and/or milk.

I am going to put on workout clothes now and finish my Tone It Up Tuesday workout!

1 comment:

  1. The smoothie sounds great...I just adore theme!
    What do you think I could use instead of the almond milk (I'm not sure I can get theme around here)? Vanilla soya milk maybe?
    Also wanted to say that you look great in the M Shirt :)))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...